Monday, October 29, 2012

Why I Encourage


by Betty Jo Fortune


I have learned from my observations and life experiences that to whom much is given much is expected. I am blessed in ways that I am unable to describe and unable to imagine. That is part of why I cannot exist as part of the human and Christian community without encouraging myself and others to be the best we can and to give as much as we can (within reason).

God’s mercy has given me the foundation and opportunities to be positive in the most adverse situations. I have decided that I must continue to keep the spirit of Christ alive in my heart and in my actions.

I am continuously pushed to remind myself of God’s grace. I am encouraged and most grateful that I am able to share my gifts, as they continue to unfold, whenever and however I can.