Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Honduras Mission: Greetings

I´m really glad we came. Visits from misson groups and tourists are way down. I can tell that the people here are starting to feel the lack of visitors. Not only economically, but the feel stress from the uncertainty and the fear of loss of foreign aid. I don´t bring up the subject, but several people have told me how Zelaya has ruined the country. No one has told me that he was right. Our projects are going well. The quilting class is a big hit. We had 5 kids from the school helping us paint the outside of the church and got a lot more done than I expected. Tomorrow we visit Don Marcello, a local craftsman, and parisioners in El Sauce, where we will distribute rice and beans. The keyboards here are set up for Spanish-English-French-etc. so typing is a challenge. That´s all for now.

Len