Monday, November 5, 2012

Honduras Mission Trip - Len's View, Part 2A


Sunday was a long day, but comfortably paced. Sara, Scott, and I went for an early morning walk to buy Bread from the lady who bakes in her home. It was around 7:30 and there was no bread on the table out front. [Correction to yesterday's article: it is actually Italian bread. I think that's a teaspoon of sugar more or less than French bread.] I called out "Buenos Dias". A man came out, I asked for two loaves. It was fresh from the oven, as in: I was afraid that it would melt the plastic bag that it was in. The three of us finished off one loaf on the way back to the hotel. It was a beautiful walk. We kept saying "look at that flower" as we passed various yards.
                                                                                      
After a pancake breakfast at the hotel (it feels a bit like a B & B), we went to the coffee shop, and then to church. Some of us went to the church service. Jody, Kinsey, Sara, and I went to a classroom to do a craft for the Sunday School class. We had about 30 kids of varying ages in one room. We spread out shirts on the floor and the kids painted designs with puffy paint. It was a bit chaotic, but when kids hug you and don't want to let go, anything's worth it.
Breakfast is ready. I'll have to finish later.