Saturday, February 25, 2012

I can do all things through God who strengthens me.
In whatever state I am may I learn to be content!

Having crashed on the hearth of depression, on bended knee,
I have fallen up into God’s Grace.
Tumbling down slopes of fear, I am lifted into peace, which
passes understanding.
Plummeting the depths of confusion, I am carried in the
arms of God.
Into the blackest of days an altar flower shines.
Through loneliness rings the voice of a friend.

Lose control to find peace.
Walk with the strength of Barnabas.
Let go and find Jesus.
Confess, repent, meet me in Galilee,
With reconciliation, the unending light of Resurrection!

Oh Lord, my God may I give thanks to Thee forever!


Psalm 30, 32; Ezekiel 39:21-29; Philippians 4:10-20; John 17:20-26

These Lenten meditations were written by the people
of St. Barnabas' for the people of St. Barnabas' as part
of our recognition of the 50th anniversary of the founding
of this church. We hope that you will find them helpful
in your own Lenten devotions.