Thursday, March 22, 2012

1 Corinthians 12:12-26: But the Holy Spirit has fitted us all
together into one body. We have been baptized into Christ's
body by the one Spirit, and have all been given that same
Holy Spirit.


As an infant, my parents made the decision to have me
baptized into the body of Christ as an Episcopalian. As a
teenager, I made the decision to be confirmed into the body
of Christ as an Episcopalian.

As an adult, I made the decision to become part of the body
of Christ at St. Barnabas' Episcopal Church. I joined St.
Barnabas' as a parent, focused on my children being part of
the body of Christ. St. Barnabas' has been a wonderful part
of our journey.

I learned much about my part in the body in Christ while I
was exposing my children to the life of faith. I learned my
spiritual gifts as well as my challenges during my "Journey
with Jesus." Yet I find that my greatest challenge is to accept
that I must push myself as a part of Christ's body; and that I
cannot get discouraged when I fall along the way.

I must remain open to receive all of the body of Christ. My
greatest joys often come when I remind myself of His grace,
understanding and blessings, and my "Journey with Jesus'
continues to bring me peace.


Psalm 69:1-23(24-30)31-38; Exodus 1:6-22; 
1 Corinthians 12:12-26; Mark 8:27-9:1

These Lenten meditations were written by the people
of St. Barnabas' for the people of St. Barnabas' as part
of our recognition of the 50th anniversary of the founding
of this church. We hope that you will find them helpful
in your own Lenten devotions.