Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exodus 3:4: "Here am I."

When God first calls to Moses from the burning bush,
Moses gives the appropriate traditional response of "Here
am I". But when God says "I will send you to Pharaoh that
you may bring forth my people.", then Moses changes his
tune. Then his response is: "Who am I that I should go.?"
For many of us it is easy to say, "sure, I'll do it". It is only
later what we realize that, to quote Oliver Hardy, "Here's
another fine mess you've gotten us into". Moses is an
example for these times. He let God get him in over his
head, but God saw him through. As it says in today's gospel,
"All things are possible to him who believes."


Psalm 107:33-43, 108:1-6(7-13); Exodus 2:23-3:15; 
1 Corinthians 13:1-13; Mark 9:14-29

These Lenten meditations were written by the people
of St. Barnabas' for the people of St. Barnabas' as part
of our recognition of the 50th anniversary of the founding
of this church. We hope that you will find them helpful
in your own Lenten devotions.