Thursday, March 1, 2012

Psalm 51:15: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will
deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Cindy, Cricket’s mother, was slipping away, sleeping,
waking, and her breathing was weak and much labored. I
silently asked, “How can I help?” In my mind God spoke,
“Be there for Cindy and Cricket.”

In my mind I replied, “I am here. What must I do to help?”
Softly, but firmly I heard, “Listen.”

I grasped Cindy’s hand. She looked up at me and speaking
softly she said, “Hi Charge,” my nickname. I replied, “Hi
Cindy,” and in my heart I spoke to the Lord. “Thank you,
Thank you.”


Psalm 50; Genesis 39:1-23; 1 Corinthians 2:14-3:15;
Mark 2:1-12

These Lenten meditations were written by the people
of St. Barnabas' for the people of St. Barnabas' as part
of our recognition of the 50th anniversary of the founding
of this church. We hope that you will find them helpful
in your own Lenten devotions.