Sunday, March 25, 2012

Psalm 118:4: This is the day which the Lord has made; let
us rejoice and be glad in it.


I was delighted when I learned that March 25 is the day for
my meditation for two reasons: this verse from the reading
in Psalms has always been one of my favorites; and on this
date I personally rejoice for the birth of my younger son,
who has grown to be a loving husband and father and a truly
committed Christian.

I start every morning by repeating Psalm 118:4. Knowing
that God is our Father and Savior, how can we not rejoice?!
My years at St. Barnabas reinforced my sense of rejoicing.
The worship liturgy, the joyful music, the love of friends, the
sense of caring for the world beyond the church walls all
nurture rejoicing in God's kingdom on earth. The spirit of
joy and the challenge to walk in the ways of the Lord always
seemed to greet me when I entered. And I further rejoice
because, though life's path has led me away from St.
Barnabas, I have a new church family who embrace me with
God's love.

Prayer: May we be ever mindful of the peace and joy that
comes from God and pause to rejoice and live as He would
have us live.


Psalm 118; Exodus 3:16--4:12; Romans 12:1-21; 
John 8:46-5

These Lenten meditations were written by the people
of St. Barnabas' for the people of St. Barnabas' as part
of our recognition of the 50th anniversary of the founding
of this church. We hope that you will find them helpful
in your own Lenten devotions.